Updo hairdos have become a favorite casual hairstyle for women and girls. Contrary to popular belief, the updo does not require services of a hairstylist. Nor does it require a lot of time and energy in order to come out looking great. With just a little practice, anyone can achieve the perfect updo hairstyle. It goes without saying that when you think casual, you think trouble free and non-time consuming. Casual attire for an outing with friends does not require a lot of fuss: neither does the casual updo.
Casual updo hairstyle for long hair
As one might guess, long hair is most suitable for updo hairstyles and consequently fastest to style in an updo style. While the process describe below seems to be complicated, it really is very simple. To achieve the perfect updo hairstyle for your long hair:
• Start by shampooing your hair thoroughly;
• Before drying your hair, condition it and apply hair gel or mousse;
• Then, blow dry your hair to give it volume;
• If you want curls, go ahead and use your favorite curling iron;
• Starting at the hairline, pull a two-inch section of hair back and secure it with a bobbie pin or clip;
• Repeat this process until all of your hair is pinned in an even row across the crown of your head;
• The next step is to hold all of the individual sections of hair together;
• Twist them together, piling the curled ends at the crown of your head;
• Use the curls to hide the original pins or clips;
• Secure your updo in place with additional bobbie pins or hairpins.
Casual updo hairstyle for straight hair
• Shampoo and condition your hair;
• Blow dry your hair for volume;
• Apply hairspray or mousse as needed;
• Brush your straight hair back and secure it with an elastic ponytail holder (never use rubber bands because they will break your hair);
• Twist your ponytail into a bun;
• Secure your bun with bobbie pins or hairpins;
• Produce the ideal casual look by removing a couple of strands of hair at your temples and letting them hang loosely on the sides of your face.