Home » » I'm Going To The 2013 Oscar Awards! So Let's Do It Like An A-Lister (Kinda)

I'm Going To The 2013 Oscar Awards! So Let's Do It Like An A-Lister (Kinda)


So early tomorrow morning, I am jetting off to sunny La La land to walk those red carpets, brush shoulders with those mega-watt stars and see Tinsletown on form for its most insane weekend ever. Yup, it’s Oscar time. This year – the 85th Academy Awards – will see appearances from Anne Hathaway, Jennifer Lawrence, Jessica Chastain, Kristen Stewart, Naomi Watts and Marion Cottilard, not to mention boys, Clooney, Affleck and Cooper to swoon over. 

But my personal, golly-I think-I-will-faint-if-I come-even-close-to-her star to look forward to? Yes, of course it’s Grazia’s perennial cover girl, Ms Jennifer Aniston. I know. The girl with the golden locks was confirmed to present an award just 24 hours ago and we at Grazia are all terribly excited.

BUT while Hollywood and all its stars has been preparing for the biggest weekend in town for like, months, I’ve been busy doing the day job. (BAFTAs, London Fashion Week, Brit Awards, 4 hours sleep etc. It’s tough.) However, this year I decided that I would endeavour to not leave everything to the last minute and prepare for my trip like an A-lister would (ish.) Here are the results…

1. The Dress

I am very lucky to work with the best connected ladies in fashion. So thank you to Ms Hannah Almassi and Ms Catherine Nieto who rang some of their friends to call me in a veritable feast of fabulous frocks (over 20!) We got Michael Kors from mywardrobe.com (I heart this,) frocks so fancy I had to squeal from the very talented Catherine Dean, stunners from the classic guys at Issa, beautiful creations from Ms Alice Temperley and lots of lovely ones from the really fab gorgeouscouture.com

In the gallery above, you'll see the five I shortlisted. And I don’t just have Oscar night to think of, but cocktails on Friday at Chateau Marmont with the World Gold Council and the Elton John AIDS Foundation; a brunch at the Beverly Hills Hotel with Mont Blanc on Saturday; Harvey Weinstein’s and Grey Goose’s pre-Oscars party at Soho House on Saturday night and of course Oscar night itself and Elton John’s Grey Goose party. Phew.

2. The Hair

There is only one place I headed to for the full-blown pre-Oscars treatment: Neville Hair and Beauty in Belgravia (as also frequented by Alexa Chung, Olivia Palermo and Cara Delevingne). There I had my blonde topped up by the best blonde maintenance man in town: Mr Donald Black @DONALDBLACKHAIR. Trimmed by Ms Naomi Rigan and had essential calming, restoring and balancing reflexology from Paolo Lai @paoloreflex. Nails, waxing eyebrows too obv. When I get to LA, I – along with Emma Roberts and Jennifer Lawrence – am booked in on Sunday (Oscar day) to have my hair done at the exclusive Rossano Ferretti salon in Beverly Hills. This is where Angelina Jolie gets her hair done guys.

I'm Going To The 2013 Oscar Awards! So Let's Do It Like An A-Lister (Kinda)

Neville Hair and Beauty, 5 Pont Street, Belgravia, SW1X 9EJ

3. The Tan

St Tropez has a suite at the Four Seasons Beverly Hills where I am heading as soon as I land!

4. The Drip

Avid readers of Grazia magazine and Grazia Daily will know that any A-lister worth their salt survives of IV vitamin drips. Rihanna literally wouldn’t function without regularly being strapped up to one. And the entire A-list world use them to prepare for Oscar weekend. So, upon hearing that you can now get them in London I went and tried it out. Yikes.

I'm Going To The 2013 Oscar Awards! This Is How I'm Preparing

The Nosh Infusion Clinic in Devonshire Street has just launched. I went at 8.30am on Wednesday to meet the fabulous founder, Geeta Sidhu Robb who has infused her expert knowledge on nutrition with a Harley Street medical team to deliver amazing results. A nurse took my blood pressure and heart rate on arrival, and then the intravenous drip was inserted and the cocktail of vitamin c, vitaminb1, b5, b6, b12, zinc, magnesium, calcium, selenese and chromium started pumping through my body. I genuinely felt absolutely amazing after the half hour treatment. I was flying. And I haven’t stopped since. My face is glowing and I have limitless energy. If this sees me through Oscar weekend, I will, quite literally, be hooked for life. I had the fit-amin injection £199 www.theinfusionclinic.co.uk

So the question is: which dress should I choose? Help me decide by commenting below. And wish me luuuck!


Via: I'm Going To The 2013 Oscar Awards! So Let's Do It Like An A-Lister (Kinda)
Share this article :
 
Copyright © 2013. Hairstyles And Fashion - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger