Home » » Alexander Wang On His Evolving Signature: EXCLUSIVE

Alexander Wang On His Evolving Signature: EXCLUSIVE


Taking time out of his seriously busy schedule – the man has a pretty major debut coming up in Paris, in case you hadn’t heard - Alexander Wang popped into the Galaxy Lounge at New York Fashion Week’s Lincoln Centre Venue. We caught up with the New York wunderkind to hear about how his signature has been evolving.

1. We loved your collection for A/W 2013-14 – do you have a favourite piece?

My favourite aspect of the collection was the hair... Seamed in, bonded on, appliqued, embroidered and brushed.

2. How do you feel the Alexander Wang signature has evolved over the years?

That's very hard for me to answer, but I think it's only natural for the collections and point of view evolve and change over time.  I guess you can see it through our customized fabric development, which has become an important element.   And in the expansion of our offering, such as our Mens collection and our Objects - which is a collection of personal lifestyle items.

3. How are you coping sartorially with the inclement fashion week weather? Any tips?

During fashion week, I don't leave the office much, so luckily I've really missed a lot of it!

4. How tech-savvy are you? Are you crazy on Instagram etc?

I’m not really that tech-savvy, but my phone is essential.

5. Why did you decide to partner with Samsung?

I see them as a leader in technology and will have a hand in crafting what's to come....That itself, makes them an exciting partnership.


Via: Alexander Wang On His Evolving Signature: EXCLUSIVE
Share this article :
 
Copyright © 2013. Hairstyles And Fashion - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger