Home » » Fashion Blogger Of The Week: Zahra Of Lyla Loves Fashion On Her Blogging Tips

Fashion Blogger Of The Week: Zahra Of Lyla Loves Fashion On Her Blogging Tips


Ahead of London Fashion Week it's time to meet our Fashion Blogger of the Week - the very lovely Lyla from Lyla Loves Fashion. With over 7k followers on Twitter Lyla, has picked up a loyal fanbase in her three years of blogging, and all while studying, working freelance and dividing her time between London and Dubai.

We caught up with the style obsessive to find out how and why she does it...

Grazia Daily: How long have you been blogging?

Lyla: I started LylaLovesFashion.com in December 2009. I can't believe it’s been over three years!

Grazia Daily: What made you decide to start your blog?

Lyla: I was a total tomboy growing up and it wasn't until my time at university when I really got into fashion and beauty. My background is Computer Science and Graphic Design so I wanted to do something that would fulfil my love for fashion and get my foot into the industry.

Grazia Daily:  Which subjects do you particularly love blogging about?

Lyla: I love that I get to write about things I want to write about and genuinely love. I think of the blog as a best friend that I get to sit and 'chat' about all my fashion experiences and everyday style.

Grazia Daily: What’s been your highlight so far?

Lyla: The highlight so far has to be the amazing people I have met in the past three years. Networking is a big part of being a blogger and I have loved interacting with other like-minded people from bloggers to designers and celebrities.

Grazia Daily: Are there any particular perks of blogging?

Lyla: There are a lot of perks of being a blogger but it doesn't come easy. There is a lot of sweat and tears (well not tears but lots of late nights and cramped typing fingers) that goes into building a successful blog. It’s even more difficult if you have to juggle a Master’s degree, a part time job and freelance work while blogging, like I do!

Grazia Daily: Do you attend London Fashion Week?

Lyla:This season will be my 3rd at London Fashion Week and my first at Paris Fashion Week. It’s going to be super hectic but it is such an amazing experience.

Grazia Daily: What are your favourite brands?

Lyla: It is so difficult to pinpoint just one brand. I tend to mix high street with high end so I love a little bit of Zara, H&M and Topshop with a dash of Louis Vuitton, Christopher Kane and Alexander Wang.

Grazia Daily: Blog brag time: why should people read your blog?

Lyla: Because it’s awesome?! Haha! I like to keep the tone of the blog super friendly and fun so anyone that likes a light read and would like to poke fun at a Middle Eastern girl trying to stay warm in freezing London! (Please be nice!)

Grazia Daily: What advice do you have for anyone starting a blog?

Lyla: Just enjoy it! But be prepared to be glued to your laptop.

Grazia Daily: Which other fashion blogs do you love?

Lyla: I love SongofStyle.com and FiveFiveFabulous.com!


Via: Fashion Blogger Of The Week: Zahra Of Lyla Loves Fashion On Her Blogging Tips
Share this article :
 
Copyright © 2013. Hairstyles And Fashion - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger